December 2nd, 2020
Season One Finale
November 24th, 2020
PPP History with Tyler, Tim, Jay, and Samuel
November 17th, 2020
Shellphish History with Giovanni, Chris, and Davide
November 10th, 2020
Education and CTFs with Fabian aka LiveOverflow
November 3rd, 2020
Pwny Racing and NorseCode with Carl aka ZetaTwo
October 27th, 2020
October 20th, 2020
DC 28 CTF Winners: A*0*E with Tianyi, Gengming, Hui Shin, and silver
October 13th, 2020
Google CTF 2020 with sirdarckcat
October 6th, 2020
ropshipai with anton00b and Jay, Corwin, and Matt from PPP
September 29th, 2020
Founding of OOO and gameboooy DEF CON 28 CTF Challenge w/ Guest Jeff
September 22nd, 2020
nooode DEF CON 28 CTF Challenge w/ Guest kaptain
September 15th, 2020
How to get into Capture the Flag (CTF)?
Unfortunately, Zardus’ machine blew up after the first 16 minutes of recording (LINUX!), so we lost his good audio, and have to go with lower quality audio for the first 16 minutes. Sorry!
Shownotes and Links
In this episode of CTF Radiooo, adamd and Zardus answer the question that we get frequently: How to get into Capture the Flag (CTF) cybersecurity competitions?
We tell our “orgin story” about how we both got into CTFs at UCSB and with Shellphish (Zardus’ is particularly great).
We also point people to resources where they can get into CTFs.
The best way into CTFs is to start playing, so do it!
Links to Explore CTFs:
- The art of sniffing: dsniff
- When are CTFs? CTF Time
- OpenToAll CTF team that is, as the name says, open to all!
- Proper preparation prevents poor performance: wargames to practice
- OverTheWire, one of our favorite sets of wargames
- Hack on some binaries with pwnable.kr, by our friend daehee
- Go from a white-belt to a yellow-bet on exploitation with pwn.college, by our very own Zardus and kanak